Monday, January 6, 2014

Thyroid Related Merchandise

Hello Readers :)

     Since the successful campaign of my recent kickstarter,  I have put alot more focus into pursing my dream as an artist. A self-sustaining artist would be ideal, but I'm okay with taking baby steps for now.

     So what does this have to do with hypothyroidism? It has come to my attention that there isn't much plublicity for a condition so many people are afflicted with. As someone with thryoidism, I don't want to feel shamed. While "proud" isn't the right word. I feel many people do not take this hormone imbalance/ auto immune disease fairly serious and have been told that I am overplaying my hand.

     I never want to feel that way and want to have a small reminder that yes, I have a lifelong condition, but I am managing it to the best of my ability and I will not be discouraged. 

     Yea yea yea, but you still haven't mentioned WHERE this post is going...

     With my recent love of block printing I would like to make small bags to hold my prescription bottles (when I need more than a weeks worth) that have a design handprinted on the front.  I have already created a mock up design that measures a little under 4''x5''inches. It is probably not the most adorable of images, but it showcases the thyroid around the trachea with a banner underneath that simply reads "strong."

     If enough people show interest, I would like to make a small production run of these bags. So where does your opinion lie? Do you like the idea? Does it seem a bit extreme? Is there another image you would prefer printed on the outside of a small prescription bag?

     Let me know in the comments below :)


Cheers,
Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment