Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Price of being Gluten Free

     For the last two months I have been attempting to live a gluten-free life. Which is incredibly hard because im pretty sure I was put on this earth to eat all the bagels and scones I can possibly shove into my gluttony hole. But I know I need to stop, because when I am able to go 2-3 days without gluten I feel soooooo much better. I.e. A lot of my  joint pain goes away and my head clears up a bit. 



     But if your like me, I am, how you would say.... domestically impaired as a woman. I don’t know how to iron clothes, what cycle is best for laundry, I throw makeup at my face hoping it works, and most importantly: I hate cooking. Cooking to me is a last resort. Once all the ramen is gone and the forever-alone microwaveable meals are depleted, I turn to my pots and pans in mild disdain.



     So most of my gluten free substitutes are store bought and pre-made. If you are looking for tasty recipes, might I suggest: 

Zen Thyroid

     Today I ran out of my usual breakfast and had to leave my cave to get some gluten-free waffles from the store. In the process I decided to jot down prices of some ready-made gluten free goodies. This can give you a general idea of some prices if you too are considering to go gluten free (but hate to cook).



Udi’s Gluten Free Sliced Bread $5.69

Udi’s Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies $4.99


Udi’s Double Chocolate Muffins pack of 4 $6.49

Udi’s Pure and Simple Granola $5.99

Annie’s Mac and Cheese (6oz)  $1.67

Pillbury Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough/ Pizza Crust/ Pie & Pastry Dough  $4.49

Van’s Gluten Free Waffles $3.00 (was on a special)

Nature Path Organic Chia Plus $3. 69




Cheers,
Maddy


No comments:

Post a Comment